Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Favorite Family Memory


AHHHHHH!!!! Why is everyone screaming?

Dad was driving the car to an amusement park called Freestyle in Myrtle Beach. When we got into the amusement park, there was so much cool stuff to do and to see that I didn’t know where to start! There were roller coasters, climbing things, some water park stuff and a huge guitar bigger than you can imagine!

One of my three most favorite rides was Iron Horse Roller Coaster. It was this cool ride with some funky cowboy music. The ride did tons of cool turns. It did it all over again going down and up and turning around and around. AHHHHHH!!!!! Everyone loved it so much they screamed! At the end, there was a fake dragon that breathed fire like a volcano!

My second most favorite thing was Fantasy Harbor State Park which is a rope course. I was strapped in a harness so I wouldn’t fall, and it was as tall as a tree! It was shaped like a square, and at each side there was something new. It was scary at first, but when I was finished I thought it was so awesome that I wanted to do it again.

The fireworks began when the park started to close. The coolest part is that they went around a lake. There was pretty music that went with the fireworks. “OOOHHH!!! AAAHHHH!!!” shouted all the people when the fireworks came out.

At the end of the day, I was so tired I wanted to go to bed. I had done so many things and seen so much too, but the best part was that I was with my family.

6 comments:

  1. I also enjoy time with you, Momma and your sisters! A nice way to recall that great day! Wasn't it awesome?!? You did a great job with this newest story! I want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really was a WONDERFUL day! I'm so glad it was one of your favorites. Seeing you up on the ropes course was scary - I was so proud of you when you finished it! Hopefully we'll get to go again next summer :-) XXXOOO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Isabel, Very Cool Slide Show. I have to say I was prejudiced to the "Tea Party"

    What was terrific was your specific detailed and interesting description of the aspects of your trip. Beautifully done! We so enjoyed Christmas. Love Aunt Jane and Uncle Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pop and I were really surprised when we saw the photo of you up on the ropes!! I'm especially proud of how brave you are because I don't even like to climb up on a step stool to reach items on the top shelf of my kitchen cupboard. We did not realize the scope of attractions at Freestyle. No wonder you and your sisters had so much fun there. I'm so glad you wrote this story so we would learn about this exciting vacation adventure. Love, Memag and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading about your adventures! You are a wonderful writer!

    Love, Ms. Bethea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It's like I'm there with you. You are such a good writer! Keep it up! Love, Mrs. Biggs

    ReplyDelete