Thursday, November 5, 2009

Journey to Cibola

Have you ever been on a journey to search for something you have dreamed for your whole life? I know what it’s like. I wanted to search for the seven cities of gold, Cibola. It all started when I was signing up for the expedition. Yes, I know I’m a girl, and girls aren’t allowed to go on journeys and stuff but I wanted to be on an adventure too.

So I disguised myself as a boy, cut my hair and signed up to be on the expedition. I lined up with the other men and started walking. We walked and walked and walked and walked some more until it got dark. We lay down next to a mountain trying to get to sleep. I couldn’t sleep because most of the man snored!!! Then I finally got to sleep. I woke up to someone screaming AHHH!!! Then I said to myself why is somebody screaming? Then I got up startled by a big BOOM!!! Then I realized the mountain wasn’t really a mountain. It was the Volcano of Death. Then I quickly said these words from the book How to Stop the Volcano of Death. I said, “You know that everyone hates those big booms and if you don’t stop you shall meet your doom!!!” Then the volcano burst out with water instead of lava. Everyone cheered for me because I stopped the volcano.

Everyone filled their bottles with water and drank it. Then we walked on some more for eight long tiring hours. Then we got to the Swamp of Doom and on the other side there was a machine. If you broke the correct key you would freeze the swamp. If you stepped in the swamp you would sink. There were lots of alligators swarming the swamp and it looked disgusting. There were stepping stones so we could cross it. I stepped on the first stone and it seemed alright so I said to the team it was alright to cross. We crossed the swamp but 12 men fell in. When we got across I broke the correct key and the swamp froze.

We walked for more miles and then we came to the Cave of Wonders. We walked in the cave and looked around. Bats flew and there were lots of stalactites and stalagmites. Then I saw something in a rock like a piece of gold or something. I took it out of the rock and the whole cave shook. Then I screamed “EVERYONE RUN!” We ran as fast as we could untill we got out of the cave. When we got out of the cave it broke.

When everyone caught their breath then we walked some more. Finally we found Mount Slippery, the slipperiest mountain in the world. We tried to walk up the mountain but we slipped. Then they decided that I should go up to the top of the mountain. I had a few slips but I got to the top. There was a rolled up carpet that I kicked down the mountain. They all walked up the carpet and we slid down the side of the mountain.

When we got down to the bottom we walked on to Lightning Woods. We walked in and lightning was booming everywhere. Zap! Zip! Boom! People were dying from lightning bolts. We ran and finally we got out of Lightning Woods.

Finally we reached Cibola. Gold walls were everywhere. Towers made of gold shined in the sun. One by one the gold started to disappear as we stole it.

We went back home and the chief made me his assistant. I told him that I was a girl. Everyone gasped. The chief said “You are allowed here even if you are a girl because you can do things that boys can do.” Now that the adventure was over I felt so happy because my dream had come true.

The End

10 comments:

  1. Isabel I love this story! I'm so proud of you because not only is it a good story, I know how hard you worked on it. I can't wait to read your next story!!! XXX000 Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel, I congratulate you on the excellent moral of this story. It's such an important message for young girls like you with such a bright future! Girls CAN do anything boys do! But you already know this...
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop and I really enjoyed reading your story, and I'm especially happy to see that the main character is able to show the world that girls are really good problem solvers. Can't wait to read your next story!! Much love, Memag and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isabel,
    What an exciting adventure story! I liked all the creative ways you used to solve the diverse and challenging problems you faced while on your expedition to Cibola. You made the reader want to keep reading. I also liked the use of historical fiction for part of your story! Keep up the good work.

    Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the story Isabel! You must have an amazing teacher! (just kidding! It's all you) You have an incredible talent. Keep it up!

    Mrs. Biggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. here is a story that u can maybe use in your blog if u want to. alright when i was two years old i was in my kitchen stand up in a wooden chair backwards. the chair fell and my second to last finger on my right hand was chipped right off . but don't worry my mom drove me to the hospital and they sewed my finger back on. on my third birthday i had a sock around my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls rule!!!! Love this story!! Can't wait to read more of your fabulous creations! Keep up the good work!
    Love,
    Mrs. Hunsinger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Isabel, Hurray for GIRL POWER!!! Love your imagination. We are so glad that you are sharing your literary creations with us. Love Aunt Mary Jane and Uncle Ed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl Power!!!
    I love your sense of adventure and imagination!
    Mrs. Funk

    ReplyDelete